Do you own a yacht that you want to sail in international waters, including those outside the EU, without being limited by the borders of the EU? If so it will be wise to register the yacht in Belgium. The Belgian registration is valid all over the world and is very easy to obtain. We charge you as little as €0 excl. VAT!
This registration is available for all yachts with a maximum length of 23.99 meters and that will hold 12 people maximum.
The Belgian yacht registration is also perfectly suitable for commercial charter yachts with a length of up to 23,99 meters and a maximum of 12 people. Click here for our Belgian Commercial Premium yacht registration.
What are the benefits of having our company registering your yacht in Belgium?
- Valid worldwide.
- You can register your yacht without being a resident of Belgium. Our company will represent you!
- We will organise the Belgian registration for your yacht within 2 – 3 weeks.
- Approved for unlimited navigational distances from the coast. The only limiting factor is the design category of your yacht. (A, B, C or D.)
- No annual fees or taxes. You only pay a once-off tax when registering your yacht.
- No inspection of your yacht.
- Few requirements in terms of safety equipment.
- Free choice for a home port. Every European port will be accepted as a home port for your yacht.
- Virtually every insurance company accepts registration in Belgium.
- Renewal only required after 5 years.
How much tax do I pay when I register my yacht in Belgium?
When registering your yacht in Belgium, the only tax you will pay is a once-off registration tax. You will pay this directly to the Belgian Ministry of Finance when you register your yacht. The age of your yacht will determine the amount.
|Age of the yacht||Amount|
|> 1||2230,20 Euro|
|> 2||1982,40 Euro|
|> 3||1734,60 Euro|
|> 4||1486.80 Euro|
|> 5||1239,00 Euro|
|> 6||991,20 Euro|
|> 7||743,40 Euro|
|> 8||495,60 Euro|
|> 9||247,80 Euro|
|> 10||61,50 Euro|
Registering my yacht in Belgium: which documents will be required?
- Your passport or ID card
- Proof of your formal home address. This should be an excerpt of the municipal administration.
- A copy of your certificate of ownership for the yacht (invoice, sales receipt, bill of sale or notarial document).
- When the yacht is owned by a company, we will require the company documentation as well as a scan of the passport / ID card of the statutory director.
- Proof of termination of your previous registration. (If applicable)
- Several pictures: the sides of the yacht, the HIN number and the CE plate of your yacht. We also require a picture of the serial number of the engines.
- A scan of the CE certificate of your yacht.
- A signed power of attorney. (We will provide you with a form)
- Did you import your yacht? In that case we will require an EC declaration and / or a payment certificate for the European tax.
- Did you build your yacht yourself? In that case you will need to submit invoices for the main elements of your yacht such as the mast, engines, hull, etc. You are also required to submit an insurance report and a signed declaration that you are the actual builder of the yacht.
Please note that ALL documents tob e present to complete the Belgian registration procedure.
Belgian yacht registration
A global registration for your yacht is much easier to obtain in Belgium. The main advantage of registering your yacht in Belgium is that the registration procedure requires little time. Within approximately 2 – 3 weeks your international registration will be arranged and you will be allowed to sail your yacht all over the world!
Register your yacht in Belgium immediately
Start the Belgian registration process for your yacht immediately! When using our company you will use the most experienced market leader in the yacht registration industry. Nobody else except us knows how your yacht registration can be arranged as quickly and accurately as possible. We look forward to hearing from you!